The adventures of Monica and Mel in Texas started the moment I step off the plane in Austin Texas. I arrive shortly after 6:00 pm local time. After a quick tour of Monica's work, OutYouth, we went and has us some collard greens, coleslaw and brisket at a cute little hole in the wall BBQ joint called Rubys. Then we came home, talked over a cup of coffee and settled in to watch 1980's hit flick, Urban Cowboy. What a trip! If you haven't seen it, it's a must! Debroah Winger and John Travolta are fantastic if not a bit abusive and whiney. Monica has a little dog name Darla who is a punk ass if I ever saw one. She barks every time I move! I'm hoping that tonight she gets use to me being here because she'd wake up during the night and start baking at my room! Needless to saw my night was a restless one. This morning we woke up and grabbed a coffee (at Starbucks no less) and then walked Darla at the park. It was a great stroll and Monica and I got to take in the morning and catch up. Tho, really what's there to catch up on, we talk a million times a day as is! We got home and had breakfast and now are getting ready to go out and explore the world of Austin. Tonight we're meeting up with Dane and he's taking us to a real Honkey Tonk! I can't wait!!!
I'll start snapping photos cause this place is super cute and I'm in love with it already! Monica lives in a two bedroom house with a laundry room and a very large backyard for, get this, 800 a month! Hello!
Peace
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment