Friday, March 21, 2008

Honkey Tonk Bars and Two Stepin'

Are you kidding me? I was made to be a Texan. I mean really. God, Football and Whiskey, it's what matters in Texas.
That and the color burnt orange for UT is pretty much everyplace you turn. I went to a honkey tonk bar last night, where Willie Nelson and Waylon J started out! I did the two step. Not well I'll have to admit but after a few spins on the dance floor I was getting better. Lucky for me Dane was sweet and willing to teach me. He did leave me alone a few times to go actually dance. Learning to follow isn't my strong suit. As Dane said "You need to move to Texas to find a Cowboy who will put you in your place" Nice, eh? The whole night I felt like I had just stepped into a movie. Not to many cowboy hats but a lot of country and a lot of fun.
Texas is slowly sucking this girl in!
Peace

No comments: