Friday, January 18, 2008

Becoming Skinny

We're overwhelmed every day with images of skinny women and how they are related to by the rest of the world. It's proven (in tv and commercials) that skinny women get the man, job, money, cute clothes, they get it all.
But how many women are really that skinny? I worked with 5 other women and only one would be classified as skinny. Two are average and the rest of us could stand to lose a pound or two. When women start loosing weight are they doing it for the right reasons? What would your reasons be? Health or to get into your skinny jeans? Or do you think that once you loose 5, 10, 25 pounds you'll be a better mother, friend, lover, dancer, person? Are we loosing weight because of what we think will happen to us when we become skinny or are we losing weight to feel better within ourselves? I want to lose weight so I don't become a diabetic. If I end up fitting into skinny jeans, that's just icing on the cake (icing that I won't be eating). Our society is so interested in "diets" and not teaching healthy living. Eat a carrot but if you want have a brownie, just not two.
Everything in moderation, right?
peace

No comments: